Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Darn Good.



Today was beautiful:

  • Just the right combination of sunny and breezy,
  • The first ripe blueberries straight off the bush are here (I'm working on turning into Violet Beauregarde),
  • Great music all day,
  • And I got paid to smell flowers... literally.
The smelling flowers thing isn't a regular gig and I got a little sneezy at points (and stung by two wasps!), but it was well worth it. To be honest, I've felt a little frustration over not being able to get everything done recently (or ever!), but a day like today makes all the difference. I'm a truly lucky girl; doing exactly what I want to be doing, surrounded by great people, living the life I want to live. Who could ask for anything more? Wait... I can!! I need my order to arrive from Albuquerque!!

2 comments:

Maren said...

I wish I could bottle a few minutes of perfect days like that. I would take it out for a whif when frustration is getting the best of me!

Anonymous said...

How are you doing Whitney! Sounds like you're really enjoying the outdoors. Have you been making much jewelry? I've been making things to enter into books and competitions but not really anything to sell.
Talk to you soon!
Valerie Heck
cell 443.340.5365
www.americancraft.com