Monday, January 7, 2008

A Fresh Start in 2008

Happy New Year! I hope 2008 brings lots of new adventures and memories to you! This year begins my process of becoming a [part-time] professional jeweler/metalsmith/designer/artist. Excuse the long title, but I don't really identify with any one particular heading because although I work primarily in precious metals, I have a foundation in and continue to work in many different mediums. I suppose "craftsperson" is the most appropriate title, but not of the SpinArt and macaroni necklace variety! While starting this new chapter, I wish to continue creating as I have for many years, but with some major differences: a degree in my craft, honed skills, some tangible goals in sight, and an idea of what it is I want to communicate with my work. I hope to find an audience that is looking for what it is I create... a few people that feel a personal connection with my imagery, materials, and message. I hope to share some of the ups and downs of my experience on this little 'ol blog here. Both the artistic aspect as well as the business of being an artist... a documentation of my experience, if you will, with some added narrative from me. Thanks for checking in! I look forward to chatting with you in the new year...

1 comment:

Juliet said...

I can't wait to see what youhave up your sleeve!!!!