Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Best Boyfriend Ever!

So I have the sweetest, cutest, most talented boyfriend ever! For Christmas, I received these two gorgeous cutting boards made from maple and cherry. I love the shape and design and two of them, one scaled slightly smaller than the other? What a guy! Although he insists they are plenty hard, I think they're too nice to cut on. Hmm... Perhaps I'll keep using my old cutting board and designate these strictly cheese and cracker servers... rather than another board falling victim to my crazy-sharp knives. (note the vintage Sunkist juicer, a gift from my mom... thanks mom!)

Then the other night, he was experimenting in the barn and came in with this... a three-hundred year old clipboard! It was originally a wide oak plank left over from the barn floor. A few dozen passes through the planer really shows off not only the grain, but the rigidity of this old hard wood. Genius! What more can I say?

2 comments:

annie said...

ok. i'm seriously jealous! i love that clipboard.
the things that can excite us!

Rebecca Dortzbach said...

wow, not only the awesome boyfriend, but your moms got kickass taste too! I am very jealous of that juicer. nice set up:-)