Sunday, October 5, 2008

So Long Summertime... Welcome Fall!

So many things are going on around here. I'm currently walking the tight-rope of life... as so many of us are. What else is new? I had hoped to post so much more about the latest happenings, so perhaps I can attempt to sum it up in a couple of posts. Things around Red Barn Farm have been running their ever-inevitable course...

Apples are drop, drop, dropping and have started to release their sweet/sour aroma into the air. I revel in the sound of them hitting the ground and the scent really isn't bad; after all it's smorgasbord for the bugs.


Concord grapes are here and nearly gone. They are so sweet and yummy right now. The tomatoes and peppers are hanging on, as are the herbs, but the squash and zucchini have officially bit the dust!


We've thrown ourselves into the digital age! What they don't tell you is how complicated the antenna is... the best reception we've gotten with our digital converter box is with the indoor loop from an old black and white television hanging off the pyracantha bush outside the family room. Apparently it's a known problem that they don't work as well with roof antennas. Go figure. The outcome: FOX still has the best reception (I could do without), we gained a couple of networks and the weather channel, but lost PBS. Overall, a turn for the worse. Good thing there's no time for watching TV.


Post-worthy on its own, meet my new-sed Hoosier cabinet! I know, I know! Like I need another project. Well, this is from some wonderful friends/neighbors who decided they didn't have a use for it. It's got all the original details including the flour sifter, egg timer, and enamel counter top. The plan is to use it as an organizer for my art/craft supplies. There are so many great storage options for this guy! I can't wait to paint it!

1 comment:

Maren said...

I feel like you live in my fantasy world. A beautiful farm in peaceful simplicity...I guess for now I will just enjoy the pieces of it that you share with your blogging friends! Thanks!