Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back to basics... from the inside out

One egg fried with fresh heirloom green and yellow tomato, fresh shelled baby limas, rolled oats with butter, salt, pepper, milk, and walnuts

Mostly antique cobalt bottles with morning glories

Getting chilly

Light casting through knots in the fake/temporary door, reflecting an upside-down image of outside. Cool!

I realized I haven't "made" lunch in a couple of weeks. When I'm so busy I have to rely on things that aren't going to reward me with the stamina I need to keep going or the peace and creativity that comes along with putting together even the simplest ingredients, I'm not taking care good of myself. Then I took a look at the house, my life, my relationships. True, things from this point forward are going to be filled with that "one more thing," forever and always, but I'd rather enjoy life than be forever playing catch up. It may be time to inventory what's going on and perhaps what needs to be put on hold. This weekend I worked on some house projects, cleaned and organized, listened to some good music, called and emailed some friends and family, and made lunch. I also took some extra moments to take in my surroundings. I feel much better.

No comments: