Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ginger-Peanut Tuna Salad

A fresh, flavorful meal great for any season and lover of the oh-so-wonderful and versatile ginger root!

  • One large can - chunk white tuna (or salmon) packed in water, drained
  • Small handful - roasted peanuts, shelled of course
  • Almost a tablespoon - fresh ginger root, finely grated
  • A couple of tablespoons - chopped spring onions
  • Splash (enough to hold mixture together) - Ginger Miso salad dressing, your favorite brand
Mix and serve over a bed of fresh baby spinach with grated carrots and mandarin oranges or clementines with rice cracker rounds on the side.

Serves: 2, Takes: minutes!

I wish I could take a picture, but we already know that story. Trust me, this is a great salad you're sure to love (unless you hate ginger, then you definitely don't want to try it).

Recipe obtained and modified by Monta & Don. Thanks and love you!

2 comments:

Maren said...

This sounds really tasty. I always make the same tired tuna salad, but Brad and I both love ginger and mandarin oranges. Sounds like a perfect Saturday lunch. Now if I could just get Laurel to try it...

Rebecca Dortzbach said...

I love that you are posting recipes! i might steal this recipe and the idea:-) always a joy to find new foods to squeeze ginger into