Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Peacock Girl & All Her Plumage

I know, the male peacock's are the pretty one's, but lets just pretend...


I recently worked on a necklace for a very kind, thoughtful, talented, beautiful girl named Maria. As seen in the preceding pictures, Maria is also a belly dancer. Her guy did a very sweet thing and commissioned a jeweler to create a necklace for her birthday. I was very proud to be the selected jeweler and took the challenge on of designing and fabricating a piece of jewelry that would be well suited for Maria. The requirements were that it be India inspired, formal for use with costumes, easy to wear while dancing, have movement, a bold centerpiece, and some color. The following was my interpretation...

I hope to get a better photo soon, perhaps even one with Maria. It's always fun making something for someone I know. The process of designing and fabricating with a specific person in mind is a delight.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

SO Pretty!!


more, more more!